So far so good!
I bought a new blender yesterday and made my very first smoothie last night… and it was delicious!
- 1 cup organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup of oats
- 1 tbsp whey powder
- 1 banana
- 4 or 5 super small strawberries
I stored it in a pickles jar (I’ve had this bizarre obsession with cleaning and keeping all glass jars lately…) and popped it in the fridge. I drank it first thing this morning and was so happy! It kept me nice and full until lunch. My plan to go sans-coffee was thwarted when my boss offered to shout the office (yay!) and I took advantage of a free skinny cap 😉
I ate my packed lunch (a tasty salad with leaves, capsicum, cucumber, coriander, olives, feta, tofu, cous-cous, walnuts, faux-chicken schnitzel slices, white wine vinegar and balsamic) and snacked on nuts.
The weather turned so I wasn’t able to walk Griff, but at least the air was lovely and moist and smelled fantastic!
I am usually really hungry by the time I get home, so I made a green smoothie:
- 2 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 carrot
- 1 kiwi fruit
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 tbsp English brewer’s yeast
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (I bought them today – they’re awesome! Crunchy yet moist and full of nutrients…)
- 1 can of coconut water
This made too much so I’ll reduce it by nearly 1/2 next time.
Dinner was a really basic pasta (this is for 2 serves):
- Wholegrain spaghetti, broken into smaller pieces
- 1 full head of broccoli
- A handful of green beans
- 1/2 block of tofu
- Sesame oil, soy sauce and some white wine vinegar plashed over